Tuesday 20 February 2007

ChaCha.Com

I found this through a friend. Basically it is a search engine but instead of having to search through thousands of results. You speak to someone through IMing and they find results that are extremely relevant to what you want.

I had been trying to fix my external soundcard for a long time. I asked the company 'Creative' if they could help and they said no but i could send it back and get a replacement, i got a replacement but it still didn't work. I then asked a friend how he fixed his and he said it was something to do with settings but wasn't sure. I then resulted to ChaCha.com and i spoke to someone called Lisa and she herself had previously had the same problem with hers and told me that she ran CCleaner and then hers worked well. I thought that this was a little bit crazy to run a program that clears out cookies and temporary internet files but i tried it. I ran it and after my soundcard volume control then worked. I was amazed...

Good Points
  • Easier to find reliable results.
  • In my case, the 'helper' could have had the same problem and help you instantly without a search engine.
  • Quicker to find what your lucky for without looking through thousands of results.
  • You can explain in more detail without being given results that contain 'it' 'the' 'a' and such words that are used often.
  • Can ask for anything for them to find and they will try their hardest o find what you want.
Bad Points
  • Don't know who you are talking to, same problems as myspace to do with privacy etc.
  • Can't always find results whereas Google or AskJeeves almost always find at leats one result.
Overall, i think that ChaCha.com is an extremely good site and i would strongly recommend it.

1 comment:

Amy said...

"I found this through a friend"

That was well me!!!!

:-D